Our first stay in 2024 was at Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel, located on the shores of Lake Biwa in Shiga Prefecture. I visited on a weekday after the New Year holidays were completely over.
- About access to Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel
- About check-in
- About the room ranking of Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel
- Platinum/Titanium member benefits at Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel
- Introducing premier rooms with hot springs
- Afternoon tea time at the lounge of Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel
- Cocktail time at the Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel lounge
- About breakfast at Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel
About access to Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel
The main means of access is by car.
By train, the closest station is Katata Station on the Kosei Line, which runs along the west side of Lake Biwa. There is a shuttle bus from the hotel about once every hour.
From Kyoto Station to Katata Station, take the JR Kosei Line bound for Omimaiko and it takes about 25 minutes. There are about 4 trains per hour.
We booked the most reasonable room. As a Marriott Bonvoy Titanium member, I was able to upgrade to a room with a hot spring. The New Year holidays were completely over so it was empty. Regarding late check-out, rooms with hot springs are only available until 1:00 pm as cleaning takes time.
About the room ranking of Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel
There are 8 types of guest rooms at this hotel.
- Superior rooms… 128 rooms, 30㎡ (rooms booked this time)
- Japanese-style room…48 rooms 40㎡
- Deluxe rooms…48 rooms 40㎡
- Premier rooms with hot springs…33 rooms, 40㎡ (upgraded rooms)
- Premier room with hot spring view bath…8 rooms 40㎡
- Junior suite…2 rooms 58/60㎡
- Executive suite…1 room 80㎡
There are 6 dog-friendly rooms of 30 m².
Platinum/Titanium member benefits at Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel
- Lounge access (2 adults, breakfast included)
- Room upgrades (including suites)
- Late check-out until 16:00
- Welcome gift 1,000 points 50% bonus points
- Discount at the 12th floor restaurant “Grill & Dining G”
・Basic members ~ Platinum members 10% OFF
・Titanium members ~ Ambassador members 20% OFF
Introducing premier rooms with hot springs
The room is a king size bedroom. There is also a twin bedroom. The sofa bed is next to the window.
The hot spring bath in the room is a little smaller and can accommodate about 2 people. Hot springs make noise because they are constantly circulating. They will stop it if you contact them. You can also specify a restart time, but it will take about an hour because the temperature will drop.
The welcome sweets were fruits such as strawberries and wheat gluten sweets. Two bottles of water are free. There is a shop inside the hotel, but I think it is better to prepare drinks in advance.
Afternoon tea time at the lounge of Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel
At Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel, the lobby lounge is the club lounge. There is no club floor. Users must be Marriott Platinum members or above. Sweets and other items will be available from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Cocktail time at the Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel lounge
Cocktail time, where you can enjoy drinks and food, is from 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm. After that, only drinks will be served until 10pm.
They also make cocktails.
beer, wine, liqueur etc.
The food in the lounge was plentiful and felt like dinner.
About breakfast at Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel
Breakfast is not served at the club lounge of Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel. It will be served at the general restaurant on the top floor. The hours will be from 7am to 10am. They also had gluten free bread.
Egg dishes are ordered at the table. Omelette, egg white omelet, scrambled eggs, local omelet, eggs Benedict, fried eggs